20 Questions for Penny!
1. Do you have any secret talents?
I do lots of drawing and writing, and play league table tennis! Most people don’t know I also play the drums.
2. Matthew Passion or Messiah?
Can I say Messiah without raising everyone’s eyebrows?!
3. What’s your star sign and do you fit the description?
Leo! Meant to be artistic, creative and loyal which I think fits the bill. I’m choosing to ignore the bit about being a show off.
4. Where in the world would you still like to visit and why?
I’ve always had a thing about visiting Corsica. It looks beautiful.
5. Which 3 people from past or present would be at your fantasy dinner party?
Queen Elizabeth 1, JK Rowling and Handel. If I can have a fourth Angela Hicks can come too and be in charge of the cheese course- She always has delicious cheese.
6. You have £100 to spend, all of your friends and family are busy and you have the day to yourself. What do you do?
Go to a nice homey shop and stock up on house plants, bird feed, scented candles and more cushions my husband would say I don’t need!
7. Which hogwarts house are you in?
8. List your favourite composers!
Purcell, Handel, Bach, Vivaldi, Byrd
9. Share one of your favourite memories from being in Fair Oriana so far.
Performing Handel’s Aminta e Fillide in period costume at St George’s Hanover Square.
10. If you could spend a day in any time period, Which would it be and why?
Elizabethan or Tudor times so I could see what the world looked like (but only if I could go back as a very rich and very healthy person!)
11. Who are your major musical influences?
My mother, Emma Kirkby, Catherine Bott, Jo Lunn and Dolly Parton. In no particular order!
12. Favourite thing to do in your spare time?
Afternoon tea with my family, and walking the dog in the countryside
13. Best thing about being a professional singer?
Getting to do my absolute favourite thing as my job and collaborating with friends.
14. Worst thing about being a professional singer?
Packing, re-packing and unpacking. And admin.
15. Favourite book?
The Animals of Farthing Wood and Harry Potter
16. What is your most frequently used emoji?
😂 and 🤦♀️ which is probably quite telling!
17. 3 words you associate with Angie!
Whimsical, unique, wonderful 💕
18. If you weren’t a singer what would you like to do?
Be a flautist, writer or artist. Or photographer! Or falconer! Ok I can’t answer that question.
19. Most embarrassing on stage moment?
When I was sitting on the stage doing an emotional piece of Purcell but at the end got my heel caught in my dress and couldn’t get up again.
20. Message to Fair Oriana followers...
Just a huge thank you for being in this with us! Oh and yes, wash your hands!